I started a website with Shopify in November 2016 and Paid for a full year since I heard their platform was the 'best'. I got busy with my other website (hosted on Volusion) during the busy christmas season, so when it was over, i contacted Shopify to let them know that I wont be pursuing a new website with them.

They said they woulnt be able to refund my full year since 30 days has passed, (i believe it was approx 45 days) Wow i asked them to pro-rate the refund, and they wouldnt, so now i have paid over $300 for a service that i wont be using, and after hearing how they shut websites down for no reason, thank god i have read some of the reviews from other sellers. Im sticking with Volusion.

Ive been with Volusion for 5 years, and they have never disappointed in service, i was just intrigued by Shopify's popularity, but not willing to take the risk on their shotty business practices. just because they are popular doesnt mean they are the best choice

Product or Service Mentioned: Shopify Account.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Lack of understanding of client needs.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 02, 2017.

Comments

Schenectady, New York, United States #1302216

I just had the exact same thing happen to me!! Did you ever get a resolution or are you forced to stay. I think I am going to file a complain with the BBB and Attorney Generals office.