1.5
Privacy and Data Security
Usability

I started a Shopify shop to give a shot. I had a really successful soft launch and generated almost $600 in immediate sales but Shopify charged my customers but kept all of the money!

They keep saying that it will be deposited and sending me through different customer service queues but literally nobody will help me figure this out. I've had pending payout for days and it will not go through. I send the shopify team business documents, ID documents, bank statements. So now it's been a week and my customers are annoyed that their items haven't shipped.

The best part is that I bought my domain through Shopify and they won't let me transfer it for 90 days so basically this has been a giant waste of my time.

GO WITH WORDPRESS OR SOMETHING ELSE. SHOPIFY IS FOR SUCKERS.

Review about: Shopify Ecommerce Platform.

Comments

"generated almost $600 in immediate sales but Shopify charged my customers but kept all of the money!"

Didn't read what you were getting into did you?

Is your store based on a drop ship model?

Here it is is kiddies, until you establish yourself, most payment processors will hold your money 7 days or longer before releasing the funds.

They tell you of this.

This is one of the reasons for Shopify complaints on this site.

That and most of these people who start stores are drop shipping from China adding to the delivery and complaint times. If you're going to start a store, you best have cash on hand to fulfill the orders until your money is released or give your customers a realistic time frame in which the order will be processed.