3.5
Privacy and Data Security
Usability

In November 2016 I paid for a year in advance of Shopify to get a better price as everything had been going well with my store. Early March I get an email saying they are no longer letting me use Shopify Payments so I need to find another credit card processing company and they will still charge me 2% from every order.

Why? Because their credit card company has deemed my Enzymatic dog shampoo, dog goats milk, and a few other natural products to be pseudo pharmaceuticals. I asked for a refund so I could move my store and they said no.

So I am out $182 or I can stay annoyed until November 5, 2017. I have heard they do this to many accounts so just stay away from Shopify to begin with!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Shopify Ecommerce Platform.

I liked: Tech support, Good way to get started with e-commerce, Easy to set up.

I didn't like: No point of contact for payment department, Dropping services without notification.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 13, 2017.

Comments

Orange Park, Florida, United States #1307483

Yep - same thing here -- I was notified on March 20 2017 that my skincare products with rosehips, glycolic acid, and hyaluronic acid were pseudo parmaceuticals and was given 48 hours to change payment processors and transactions cannot be processed. Not a nice way to treat your customers Shopify........if I had a larger sales volume I would definitely be more pissed than I am right now.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1303313

I just had the same experience...my shaving supplies were deemed to be pseudo pharmaceuticals. WTF?