After all the work and money spent on setting up the accounts and websites, if you open a shopify store, youre going toi find that the same manufacturers who are dropshipping for you are ALREADY selling direct to the public on ebay, Amazon, Etsy, etc.I had gotten a "hot product alert email from Amazon seller central about some girls apparel that was selling like hot cakes on their website.

I found those same dresses on the oberlo/shopify catalog, and I looked at my cost for the dress. The dress from the Chinese factory on amazon was $2.50/$2.00 shipping. The same dress on the wholesale oberlo/shopify catalog was $6.75 or something like that. (from the same manufacturer!) So, if I had listed that dress on amazon thru my shopify store, the retail price would have been like $25.00/$5.00 shipping!

That puts MY item at $25.50 higher than the competition!

I didn't even bother going on with it.I didn't even sell ONE item with my shopify store, and I did ALL KINDS of marketing on facebook and amazon.com..

Review about: Shopify Ecommerce Platform.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

"youre going toi find that the same manufacturers who are dropshipping for you are ALREADY selling direct to the public "

So help us to understand, you found this out only after you set up a store?

What did you do, see something online and think you could make a quick buck with zero research?

This is on you for not researching your niche before spending money to get into it.

Thanks for the what not to do if you want to set up a ecomm store.